Terms and Conditions
Estimates, Terms & Conditions and Deposits
- Written estimates will be provided prior to any work commencing.
- If the client’s original requirements change, we reserve the right to change our original estimate following a suitable consultation with the client.
- A signed contract is required before the commencement of work. This indicates the client’s acceptance of our terms and conditions.
- Contracts can be terminated with 30 days written notice by either party. We reserve the right to charge for any work carried out prior to cancellation.
- A deposit of 50% may be requested before commencement of work.
Rates and Charges
- All charges are billed in 15 minute increments with the exception of transcription which is billed by the audio minute.
- Any telephone, travel, printing, stationery, postage and other expenses will be charged at cost separately to the hourly/package costs.
- Mileage required for car travel will be charged at the rate of 1.50 CAD / km in addition to the standard hourly rate.
- Time spent discussing a project with the client may be subject to the applicable hourly rate.
- All time spent working on the project, including time spent communicating by telephone, Skype, email and fax will be chargeable at the applicable hourly rate.
- All work carried out between the hours of 6 pm – 8 am (Monday to Friday) will be subject to an additional charge of 15%.
- All work carried out at weekends or during bank holidays will be subject to an additional charge of 30%.
- All work carried out as per “Express Lunch” agreement will be subject to 2x the regular hourly rate.
- All rates will be reviewed on the 1st of every September and clients will be notified of new changes in writing.
- The minimum invoice amount is 1 hour at the applicable rate.
- Balance owing is strictly due upon completion of each project.
- Monthly retainer package must be paid in advance and unused hours cannot be carried over to subsequent months unless mutually agreed upon.
- Work may be suspended or delayed if the client defaults on payment.
- Failure to pay within the allotted time will result in interest being charged at a rate of 5% over the base rate per month on the outstanding balance.
- PayPal is our only acceptable method of payment.
- All payments must be made within the payment terms.
- All costs incurred in the recovery of outstanding payments will be added to the account.
- We recommend any original documents be sent via secure post.
- We will not be held responsible for the end use of any document or work carried out by us. We retain the right to reject work which involves material we feel is illegal, immoral or objectionable.
- Responsibility for final proof reading of documents lies with the client and any errors notified within 5 business days of receipt will be corrected free of charge. After 5 business days, it shall be deemed that the work has been accepted as free of errors and omissions and The Retro VA and JC OnLine Business Consulting will accept no liability or loss arising from the performance of any services carried out under the agreement.
- Errors or omissions reported after 5 working days will be corrected and the additional time spent will be charged to the client. It is then advisable to purchase our proofreading service at the same time as ordering anything from our menu.
- Work will be presented using Microsoft Office 2010 applications.
- We will retain back up files of client work for a period of 6 months. After this time, work will be deleted unless instructed otherwise.
- Although every effort will be made to ensure reliable service, in event of equipment failure, we cannot be held liable for any loss of information.
- For safety and insurance purposes, personal visits to our premises are not permitted. Any necessary meetings will be held at a virtual location.
Confidentiality and Security
- Confidentiality is guaranteed at all times and we are happy to sign a confidentiality agreement if required by the client.
- No information will be made available to any third party without the client’s written authorization.
- All incoming emails and attachments, files and discs are scanned for viruses. Any “suspicious” documents will remain unopened and will be deleted.
- We scan all outgoing emails and attachments and do not accept any responsibility for viruses transmitted.